Getting Married: Seychelles vs UAE. Legal Marriage Requirements for UAE
If you live in the UAE and can’t decide whether you should get married in Seychelles or Dubai, then continue reading. You’re about to find out how difficult it is to marry in UAE because of the long list of legal requirements. Moreover, the whole process is lengthy and full of the hassle that can cost you months. Keep on reading to find out what suits your best.
Legal Marriage requirements for getting married in the UAE!
First of all, ask yourself if you can afford a long procedure that can take weeks and sometimes months. The wedding procedure in the UAE requires a long list of requirements for Legal marriage for the GCC residents and here we have only covered the most important and the basic ones. So, let’s get into it.
Church and embassy legal requirements in the UAE
Well, the requirements of the Church and Embassy depend upon your country and religion and vary accordingly. The most common and basic ones are:
· CNIM (Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage) shows that you’re eligible to marry and there is nothing that legally stops you. You can get it from your Embassy in case you’re a UAE resident. Otherwise, you’ll need to acquire it from the local government of your own country.
· A visa and passport copy
· Entry Stamp for non-resident
· Passport size photos pasted on a filled application form
UAE court requirements
· Birth Certificate (Original)
· Singleness Certificate (Original)
· Passport (Original)
· UAE resident visa
· Emirates ID
· Pre-marriage medical examination certificate (original) acquired in the last three months
· Divorce Certificate (Original)
· Presence of Bride’s guardian or father
· Two Muslim witnesses for Muslim Bride
· Two witnesses of the same nationality as Non-Muslim bride
Verdict on the legal marriage requirements for getting married in the UAE
You can see that there are a whole lot of certificates and documents that you’ll need to acquire from different sources. If you want to get married immediately, then Seychelles is your best option because it is one of the most efficient and easy processes that can save you both time and money.
If you know someone who cant decide between UAE and Seychelles for their wedding destination, then share this article with them. It will help them to decide immediately.