Marriage in Dubai for Muslim Expat – How Can Muslims Get Married Dubai Vs Seychelles
The majority of people living in Dubai are Muslims and that’s why Muslim marriages make up the biggest number of all the marriages in the region. Moreover, wedding and religion are strongly bound. If you have decided to marry then you must know all the legal requirements for marriage in Dubai for Muslim expat. This article includes all the most important requirements to get Married in Dubai for Muslims. So, keep on reading to find out.
Muslim Wedding Requirements in Dubai
First of all, you need to keep in mind that all Muslim marriages must take place according to Sharia Law. Moreover, the followings rules are necessary to follow:
If both the bride and the groom are Muslims, they can marry
- If the man is Muslim, he can marry a Non-Muslim woman but only from the region of the book known as Ahl-e-Kitab in Islam such as Christian or Jew
- If a woman is Muslim and a man is Non-Muslim then the man will have to convert to Islam
Key Requirements for Muslim Marriages in Dubai!
- The couple must apply for the marriage contract in Sharia court
- Both the bride and groom must be at least 18 years old
- The presence of two male witnesses along with their proof of identity
- The bride’s father must be present at the wedding ceremony and if he can’t make it then the presence of his proxy is required
- A pre-marriage medical screening certificate
- Both of the spouses must present their current marital status certificate such as single, widowed, or divorced
- Original birth certificate, and original passport
- No objection letter from embassy of if a bride is Muslim and father is non-Muslim
Concluding Marriage in Dubai for Muslim Expat – How Can Muslims Get Married Dubai Vs Seychelles
These are some of the most important requirements that Muslims from all nationalities need to fulfill in Dubai. There can also be some more depending upon your country’s law. It can cost you a lot of time but if you can’t afford it then there’s good news for you. You can marry in the Seychelles that allows you to avoid all of the hassles of gathering documents. It’s an easier, more effective and seamless process along with the stunning and natural venues that Seychelles has to offer.
Share this information with your Muslim friends living in Dubai to save them time.