Seychelles as an easy wedding option for Qatar residents and expats
Getting married in Qatar is possible, but it will require a few trips to embassies and the digging out of several certificates. Being a Muslim-dominated country, Sharia Law is used to wed Muslims. The Sharia court in Qatar only allows marriages between Muslims. Unlike in other nations, the Sharia Court in Qatar does not allow marriage between a Muslim man and a Christian woman.
It is not common for expats to get married in Qatar as it is more procedural and a lot of paperwork is required. A beach wedding is also not allowed as couples should marry at approved venues.
General Marriage Requirements in Qatar
- The couple must provide two witnesses for the marriage
- All couples should be Muslims to marry in Sharia court
- Genetic testing
- Residents’ permit
- Divorce papers if any
This is just the tip of the iceberg for the documentation process. The additionally requirements and documents entirely depends on your current living situation in Qatar and can vary based on your nationality.
Reasons why Qatar residents looking for an easy wedding should wed in Seychelles
Seychelles is a group of islands located in the Indian Ocean. This is a great destination for Qatar residents.
- Seychelles is Visa free-No visa is needed whatsoever your nationality is.
- The marriage certificate is valid worldwide
- You can marry at a beach wedding or on a yacht and have your honeymoon at the same time. There are beautiful sceneries, nice sandy beaches and great hotels to camp at.
- There are fewer paperwork requirements compared to Qatar.
Requirements for getting married in Seychelles
- Photocopies of the birth certificate
- Photocopies of the couple’s passport
- Photocopies of divorce paper(if applicable)
The documents required to get married in Seychelles are rather simpler than those in Qatar.
Final Recommendation for Qatar residents looking for an easy wedding
As an expat getting married in Qatar can be quite a painful process. We recommend Seychelles to be the ideal destination if want minimum paperwork, get the required attestation and enjoy a tropical wedding by the beach.
Want to know more about an easy wedding for Qatar residents and expats in Seychelles? Book a call with our team of expert consultants.